Apply for 2018
Deadline for submitting an application: 5pm on Friday, 31st Agust 2018.
Further information on the required documentation is available below.
Personal Statement Checklist
Please ensure that you address these points directly in your personal statement or in the relevant knowledge/training section of the online application form.
- Your level of training: normally at least 18 months speciality training in Ophthalmology.
- Current employment: you should be working within a supervised training programme at commencement of the programme.
- Other study commitments: You should not be undertaking any other postgraduate courses.
Before submitting your application please be prepared to upload the following documentation:
- A scan of your degree certificate.
- A scan of your degree transcript (a document issued by your university which lists all the courses, units, results and other information that make up your degree).
- Details of one referee; you will be given the opportunity to enter your referee's email address to the online form; the system will then email your referee automatically. This allows your referee to upload your reference electronically to your application. If you obtain your reference personally, the reference MUST be on the headed paper of his/her institution and must be signed by the referee.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of proficiency in English eg. IELTS or TOEFL certificate. Further information on English Language requirements is available here: www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/english/postgraduate/medicine-veterinary
Online Pre-sessional Academic Language Course (OPAL)
Since summer 2013, the University of Edinburgh has been running an online pre-sessional academic language course (OPAL) to help international online distance learning Masters students prepare for their programme of study. Places are available, free of charge, to students who have been offered a place on the ChM in Clinical Ophthalmology. Please contact the ESSQ office for further information: email@example.com.
All of the above documents should be uploaded when you are ready to start your application to the University of Edinburgh, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. Failure to provide these supporting documents could delay the application process.
Please ensure that you are uploading a document of 2MB or less, and of one the following types: .doc, .docx, .rtf, .pdf, .txt, .jpg, .gif, .zip, .xls. Documents larger than 2MB initially may appear to upload, but will not display properly when you are invited to view the uploaded file. If this happens, you should opt to upload a different document.
Fees and Financial Support
Please visit the Univeristy website for full information regarding course fees.
The David E I Pyott Scholarship worth 100% of fees along with providiing acess to Broadband and a laptop are available to 6 students who are both nationals of and residents in sub-Saharan Africa, South East Asia and South America. For more information regarding this Scholarship and how to apply please click HERE